Medical Home Care Professionals was established in 1985 by our founder/owner/CEO Kathy McKillop who is a nurse by trade. Her passion to care for patients at home came from her days in the hospital caring for patients and realized that people do so much better when they can be cared for at home. She cared for a patient in the hospital who had ALS and was young and she helped her get home and Kathy was able to recruit other nurses to help her care for the patient so she didn’t have to be in the hospital and could have a better life at home. From this one patient that she treated and cared for at home came the idea to treat other patients at home for after care from injury, surgery and many other diagnoses.
Today Medical Home Care Professionals are one of the largest locally owned and operated agencies in Shasta County and have clinical teams of nurses, therapists, social service workers , Aides and caregivers that are dedicated to providing our patients/clients with, respect, dignity and quality care to guarantee a positive experience while healing at home. “Patient Centered CARE.”
Nursing Services provided by RNs, LVNs, HHAs. (Services include, but not limited to):
Benefits of Home Health (Medical)
Home Health Care allows you to maintain your quality of life and receive personalized healthcare in the comfort and privacy of your home. In addition to being cost-effective option, home health promotes quicker recovery and improves the quality of life for both patient and family.
Physical therapy, Geriatric Physical therapy, Post-surgical Rehab., Gait training, Safety evaluation (falls/decline), Transfer training, Strengthening exercises, Home exercise program, Equipment needs, Pain control, Body mechanic education, and more.
Home adaptive equipment, Energy Conservation, Teach ADL/IADLs, Vision aids, Pain control, Functional mobility, Bathroom safety with/Transfers, Shower/Bath training, and more.
Swallow evaluation, Memory, Speech/Language, and more.
Medicare beneficiaries can receive home health care benefits when they meet the following criteria and there is NO CO-PAY at this time. Private Insurance, M/Cal, Partnership Health and VA benefits are covered but may require a co-pay. We will help you with this when we verify your benefits with your payer.
- *Medicare covers home health benefits under Part A and/or Part B. Medicare covers medically necessary part-time or intermittent skilled nursing care, and/or physical therapy, speech-language pathology services, or continued occupational therapy services. A doctor must order your care, and a Medicare-certified home health agency must provide it.
Home health services may also include medical social services, part-time or intermittent home health aide services durable medical equipment, and medical supplies for use at home. You must be “homebound”, which means:
- *You have trouble leaving your home without help (like using a cane, wheelchair, walker, or crutches; special transportation; or help from another person) because of an illness or injury.
- *Leaving your home isn’t recommended because of your condition.
- *You’re normally unable to leave your home because it’s a major effort.
**You pay nothing for covered home health care services. However, for Medicare-covered durable medical equipment you pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount, and the Part B deductible applies.
Medical nutrition therapy services, Medicare covers medical nutrition therapy (MNT) services if you have diabetes or kidney disease, or you’ve had a kidney transplant in the last 36 months and your doctor refers you for services. MNT services are furnished only by a Registered Dietitians (RDs).
Home Care (Non-Medical) Services (Affordable) Personal Care Attendant, Home Health Aide/Certified Nurse Aide. ***Bonded, insured, screened and supervised. ***
Non-Medical Services are NOT covered under Medicare or private insurance. Call for pricing and review of services that are needed to one of our care professionals.
Prefer a commitment of 2 hours or more of care.
- *Personal Care
- *Companionship and Conversation
- *Escort to Appointments
- *Medications Reminders
- *Respite /Relief for Families
- *Assistance for Those with Confusion, Disorientation or Mental Health Concerns
- *Continuous 24 Hour Care Available
- *Light Housekeeping and Laundry
Medical Waiver Programs
RN (Registered Nurse) for admission RN Case Management Visit. Evaluation client’s needs initiates a physician plan of care treatment, and performs nursing care as needed.
RN (Registered Nurse) Performs nursing care that may include IV medications, wound care, ventilator care, trach care, blood draws, patient teaching and continuing evaluations for care
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) gives medications and provides treatments, teaching and support. Administers gastrostomy tube feedings and can provide tracheotomy care, fills medication boxes, and surgical aftercare.
Our friendly and courteous staff provides:
- *Nutritious Meal Planning and Preparation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can you get help?
- At Medical Home Care Professionals we know how stressful an illness or accident can be to you and your family. When you call our office, you will talk directly to an experienced home care coordinator. After sharing information about your specific needs, our coordinator can answer many questions and suggest several options immediately. You select the services that best fit your needs.
How is home care paid for?
- Medical Home Care Professionals is certified for reimbursement by Medicare & Medical. Upon your request we will research your private insurance benefits thoroughly. You may be billed semi-monthly for services received that are not covered by insurance.
How often or how much help can I receive?
- Our minimum is a two hour visit. Services are available up to 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Why Medical Home Care Professionals?
- Every employee has been interviewed, tested, background screened, bonded and insured for safe secure home care. Supervisors are available 24 hours per day. Our employees are specially trained with monthly continuing education classes. We are committed to providing only the finest qualified staff in your home.