5 Indicators It’s Time to Hire Home Help
Medical Home Care Professionals have been assisting those in Shasta County for 35+ years with exceptional nursing care. We pride ourselves in being the go-to home health care provider to countless families while traversing challenging situations like this pandemic together with transparency. Real people are here to answer your every question with honesty and timeliness. If an agency cannot do that, then what makes you think that they will show the same compassion and care to your loved one? We understand this and believe Medical Home Care Professionals carry this DNA within everything we do!
One of the main questions we get asked is, “How do I know it’s time to hire some home help?” We get this question quite frequently and are here to help you navigate this new territory successfully and well informed. Getting home help can be great for maintaining greater independence, or can even help with daily tasks and operation recovery. While this question requires a greater conversation, but below are 5 indicators that it may be time to consider getting some extra help!
- Medication management is one of the most common challenges when it comes to aging individuals. Elderly ER visits are most often connected to a medication issue. Hiring a home health aide can help you or your loved one keep track of what medications to take, and when. They will also be knowledgeable in how certain medications interact with one another—not to mention our team will be able to monitor your loved one as they take new medication will add greater peace of mind.
- It may be good to hire home health care if your loved one wants to maintain a sense of independence, but may need help with day-to-day functions like chores, cleanliness, and even cooking. This is good for those wanting to stay in their home but needs a little extra help to keep up with daily tasks.
- Standing for a long period of time may be another factor to consider when hiring one of our team for in-home care. If you see your loved one struggling to stand for extended periods of time, this could be a good time to hire some help. Living in the home and the need to be on your feet for long periods of time for things such as cooking nutritious meals is vitally important. If there’s a strain here, it could be time to give us a call.
- Companionship is another great reason to consider hiring some extra help. If your loved one is needing more company, this is a surprising reason to hire some extra help! This can create peace of mind for everyone, especially by relieving some strain on schedules. Companionship is also important with brain function along with various other social benefits.
- Lastly, if you or someone you know is feeling stressed and overwhelmed. Aging and/or recovering loved ones can add a lot of stress and strain on the home. While of course, this is understandable, there are some things you can do to help everyone make the situation a more positive one. Hiring a home health aide can help relieve workloads, provide companionship, and bring a sense of peace and rest in the privacy of your home.
Today, Medical Home Care Professionals are one of the largest locally owned and operated agencies in Shasta County and have clinical teams of nurses, therapists, social service workers, Aides, and caregivers that are dedicated to providing our patients/clients with, respect, dignity, and quality care to guarantee a positive experience while healing at home. Give us a call today to learn more at 530-226-5577.